A High Tide Raises All Ships
Diversity & Inclusion
We aim to make Improv Utopia an inclusive & diverse environment where improv enthusiasts can connect.
Our mission as a Non-Profit is to give back to the arts community and forward the advancement of improv as an artform. We want to be the inspiration and example for the larger improv community, if we do better, everyone does better. We believe this means a diverse and inclusive environment and are dedicated to creating a safe and welcoming space for all to collaborate.
In 2022 our commitment is to increase the racial diversity at our camps, specifically Improv Utopia East.
- It is our hope that we can increase our racial diversity at Improv Utopia East by 10% this year.
- It is our goal to increase the racial diversity at all our camps 25%, by 2025.
What We've Done:
In 2020 we:
- Hired Allison Reese-Shapiro to be our Outreach - Inclusion Manager.
- With her assistance we:
- Aimed for more inclusive language, welcoming campers to share their pronouns and diversity with us.
- Opened conversations at our camps on boundaries to support a safe environment.
- Sought out diverse and talented instructors for our camps.
- Hosted free workshops marketed directly for diverse communities.
- Featuring Master Instructors from those communities, including LGTBQA+, 50+, A Black Empowerment Workshop, All Encompassing Diversity Workshop, Women of Color, Asian, and LatinX/Latin(e).
We aim to make Improv Utopia an inclusive and diverse environment where improv enthusiasts can connect, feature diverse representation in our instructors and leadership, and make partnerships with advisors to maintain a safe environment.
Our Current Initiative:
We encourage racially diverse improvisors, artists, performers, human beings of any experience level to take advantage of an early registration discount to Improv Utopia East over Labor Day weekend.
We are offering a $75 discount to Camp East, for new and returning participants from these communities.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information or click on the announcement below.
See Our Early Registration AnnoucementRegistration discount of $75.00 available for racially diverse campers for Camp East Registration. PROMO CODE: FUNFUN22. If you're an individual of diversity and would enjoy a discount to East or any of our camps please reach out to email@example.com for more information.
Report concerns safely, securely and anonymously 24/7
If you are uncomfortable with a situation, Be Proactive.
Red Flag Reporting is your hotline for:
- Fraudulent activity / theft
- Safety violations
- Unethical behavior
Protect your organization and your co-workers – Because Everyone Deserves to Feel Protected and Safe.
To file a report, provide client code Utopia and simply do one of the following:
1. Visit www.RedFlagReporting.com and click on “File a Report”
2. Call 1-877-647-3335
3. Text RFR to 234-231-9005
4. You may also use the following (be sure to be detail oriented, provide our client code, and indicate if you wish to be anonymous our not):
a. Fax to 330-572-8146
b. Email to firstname.lastname@example.org
c. Mail to RFR, P.O. Box 4230, Akron, Ohio 44321